Refer patients with sexually transmitted diseases, including trichomoniasis, for contact tracing.
- Highland Sexual Health: 01463 888300
- Argyll and Bute, the Sandyford initiative: 0141 2118130
People with risk factors should be screened for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, syphilis. Refer individual and partners to GUM service. Risk factors: under 25yrs, no condom use, recent (<12mth)/frequent change of partner, symptomatic partner, area of high HIV.
- Epididymitis in a patient under 35 years is likely to be sexually transmitted – see treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Syphilis - Refer to Sexual Health
- Click here for BASHH guidelines and search for individual condition
- Sexual Health Shared Clinical Guidelines
- Uncomplicated (asymptomatic) Chlamydia Infection for Patients Attending GP Practices