Emergency IUD can be inserted up to 5 days after estimated date of ovulation and patient may not be seen immediately.
HSH Clinics in Zone 14, Raigmore Hospital are open Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. There is no on call provision.
- Daytime (Monday to Friday 9 to 5): Phone Health Adviser line – 01463 706070
- Out of Hours: Phone Health Adviser line 01463 706070 and leave message or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important information required:
- Patient’s name, date of birth and contact phone number
- LMP, date of first and last UPSI this cycle, usual cycle length
Immediate need for Emergency IUD OOH
- If patient is at time limit for Cu IUD insertion (i.e. will be past 5 days after postulated date of ovulation by the time HSH clinic is open) please speak to Gynaecology Reg on call to discuss if they can accommodate this procedure OOH (may not always be possible)
Caithness, Lochaber, Skye and Lochalsh
- Patients from these areas requesting an Emergency IUD may be required to travel to Raigmore Hospital if an Emergency IUD cannot be provided locally by GP.
- HSH provide monthly IUD clinics in Wick/Thurso and Fort William. Contact HSH as above to discuss with a clinician.
- Caithness Gynaecology team may be able to provide Emergency IUD.