The Nurse Led Heart Failure Service provides a comprehensive care package for heart failure patients, working in partnership between primary and secondary care.
Referrals can be made by any member of the multidisciplinary team as long as the following criteria are met:
- Patient must have documented evidence of heart failure due to left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) (ejection fraction less than 40%) (either by echo, MUGA scan or angiogram).
- Be symptomatic despite medical therapy
- Had a recent hospital admission due to heart failure
Ultimately- patient must be willing to be part of the service.
Benefits can include
- Education- to detect early warning signs and symptoms and to enable self management
- Medication optimisation
- On-going support for patient and carer
- Palliative Care Support
For more details please contact your local Heart Failure Nurse or contact the main Heart Failure Office on 01463 704628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient name and CHI number needed for referrals.