Information about children and young people
exp date isn't null, but text field is
Information, advice and resources
- Just Ask: Phone- 0300 303 1365 any Tuesday or Thursday between 1pm - 4pm and a professional will call you back within a few days.This enquiry line is for Highland parents, carers, children, young people, and those who work with them. Staff usually available are- Dietitians, Educational Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Primary Mental Health Workers, Speech & Language Therapists, School Nurses, Pre-school Home Visiting Teachers, Autism Practitioner, Community Learning Disability Nurses, Infant Feeding Support Workers.
- Bumps to Bairns- Early help for Highland children: This Highland website has lots of useful information mostly written by local professionals
- The Pines: Is a Neurodevelopmental Centre. You will find lots of resources to support you and your child on the website. This includes information about different neurodevelopmental conditions and ideas to help your child. There are social stories and visual schedules, details of upcoming Pines events and access to the Pines Library. They also have a great selection of training films created by members of the Pines team.
- Thriving Families (previously known as CHIP+): This Highland-wide charity aims to give you confidence, empowering you to know your rights, know what questions to ask and have your voices heard. They provide an independent information, advice and support service for families with children (up to age 25) with additional support needs. They also offer digital peer support.
Phone- 07514 120288
- Sleep Scotland:
- National Autistic Society: the UK’s leading charity for people on the autism spectrum and their families. The friendly Highland Information Service offers support before and after diagnosis, including ideas to help your child, and details of local support groups. Together with Thriving Families we run regular information sessions for the Pines.
Phone: 01463 720056 or 07444 340380
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/autismscotland https://www.autism.org.uk/services/scotland.aspx
- CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service):
https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk/ -This site has lots of helpful resources to support mental health and well-being, including anxiety